I work with:
Children, adolescents, young adult, adults, couples
My areas of expertise include:
- Individuals and couples facing relationship challenges including separation and divorce
- LGBT and sexuality exploration work
- Social oppression and stigmatization
- Parents of children with special needs
- Parents adjusting to parenthood
- Mood and anxiety disorders, self-esteem, grief
- Young adults adjusting to college and other life transitions
- Young parents
- Strength-based, relational, attachment, CBT, trauma-focused, DBT, psychodynamic, psycho-education
Get to know me:
Making the decision to enter therapy is an important one. I utilize strength-based ideology that focuses on what is going well, and then leverage resources the person or couple has to navigate life challenges; it is a collaborative process. I often use rational and attachment frameworks in my practice and feel that appropriately placed humor can help in the healing process. I have over 20 years’ experience working in the field of mental health in an Early Intervention program, outpatient clinics and in a hospital as supervisor of the child and adolescent psychiatric units. As a therapist, I have worked with children, adolescents, adults and couples including gay, lesbian and transgender. I also have extensive experience working as a supervisor and administrator of mental health programs.
I look forward to working with you.
My Professional training:
Simmons College, BA psychology and sociology
Smith College School for Social Work, MSW
For more information, please contact me at 617-738-1480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.