My approach is not a one size fits all! It is as eclectic and unique as you, and I treat each individual I see as such—on an individual basis. It is important for us to build a trusting relationship as that will be the foundation of the work we will do together. Whether you are coming in at the onset of struggles or have been challenged for many years, seeking therapy can be scary. However, I believe that vulnerability is a superpower and when you’re called to action in this way, amazing things can happen. My work with you will encourage you to make radical changes, release stories you’re holding on to, let go of limiting beliefs, find the healer within and be inspired to live a healthier life.
My orientation is to use a holitstic/integrative approach in working with you. For example, I may take from my training in trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic, dialectical behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing or self psychology theory, and intuitively mix in functional nutrition, aromatherapy, or a mindfulness-based intervention. Whatever the technique, therapy, skill or training used, the goal is always your healing and your growth.
- Trauma, Grief & Loss
- Anxiety & Stress Management
- Mood Disorders
- Holistic Interventions for Mental Health
- Youth and Young Adults (16-25 years old)
- Women’s Wellness
- Functional Nutrition
- Family & Couples Counseling
- Home, School, Work & Community Problems
- Issues Related to Phase of Life Transitions
- -Integrative Nutrition Health Coach: Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York, NY
- -Masters of Social Work: Simmons College, Boston, MA
- -B.A. Psychology. Minor in Human Development and Family Studies: Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
For more information, please contact me at 617-738-1480 or VanessaS@bostoneveningtherapy.com.